As part of our ongoing relationship with Microsoft, we have the opportunity to ask them anything we’d like to know about Word or the wider Office suite. With many questions on our minds, this year’s Document Excellence Day will feature an “interview with Microsoft”.
While there will be time for some audience Q&A on the day, we’d like to send across as many questions as we can in advance to give them ample time to investigate and get the real scoop.
We think this lends itself to a wide spectrum of related topics, from forward thinking about the roadmap and where particular features are going next, to reflecting on the evolution of Office, to the behind-the-scenes processes, and more.
- How are new features decided upon
- What inspired the addition of co-authoring
- How long will text form fields be supported as a legacy tool
- What prompted the move to .docx
- How are bugs reported and prioritised
- Why doesn’t track changes play nicely with complex numbering
- How many teams/staff work on the Office side of things
We’re sure there’s plenty you’re curious about – send us your questions.